CANADIAN SENATOR TOBIAS ENVERGA JOINS COMMUNITY IN SUPPORT OF CDO PRIESTS


I have been an avid supporter of Senator Enverga, acknowledging his contributions and commitments to the Filipino community and to Canada as a whole. As a Senator, his work schedules are understandably tight and overloaded. Yet again, he never fails to make rounds to support community events.

Brief speech by Senator Enverga at St. Therese Church in Courtice, ON during the priests' concert, July 24, 2015.


I always invited him in almost all my volunteering events and he always showed up with his wife in tow. An ideal portrait of a Filipino family which I love. Last night he showed up with Mrs. Rosemer Enverga at  St. Therese Catholic Church Hall where the Archdiocese of Cagayan De Oro Clergies held its concert to help build additional rooms for their retiring priests.

I got a confirmation that he was coming long before the event started. I told the Clergies that a Filipino Canadian Senator was coming to watch the concert and the response was, "Who? What?..." And yes, as the event barely began, he came and joined a packed venue in support of the priests.

You asked me why his presence matter to me as an Organizer is because "Community leaders must work together to unite the community..."

Thank you Senator Tobias Enverga, Jr. and Mrs. Rosemer Enverga for showing and helping in this gracious and noble cause.

Comments

Popular Posts